You re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people
are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up
our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We re a
family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that
is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real,
personal impact on our people, our customers and our world.
Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be
Equipped to Do MoreTM.
1 - First Shift
The Simulation and Analysis Engineer Intern helps analyze structural
components of Vermeer products to evaluate product life and strength
as part of the simulation and analysis engineering department. This
position assists in the design process by providing high quality
simulations and certifications of structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture,
demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the
2. Help prepare realistic simulations of machine designs using
appropriate structural analysis techniques, such as finite element
analysis (FEA), and review, inspect, verify, and interpret solution
3. Analyze structural issues and help create solutions.
4. Assist in calculating unknown static and dynamics loads from data
and assumptions using rigorous calculations and free body diagrams.
5. Review, modify, and simplify complex CAD models and convert them to
finite element models. Load and constrain the model to emulate
6. Develop and file reports which clearly document the project. Help
present and discuss findings and offer improvement suggestions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required.
- Current student pursing a Bachelor' degree in Mechanical,
Aerospace, or Agriculture Engineering.
- Previous internship is a plus.
- Very High Skills: Finite Element Analysis software, experience with
ANSYS is preferred.
- High Skills: Proficiency in operating CAD software, experience with
SolidWorks is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Some Skills: Matlab and LMS Test.Lab experience is preferred. Some
knowledge of programming language is also preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of attention to detail while staying
focused on the overall objective.
- Knowledge of strength of materials, durability, material fatigue
strength and manufacturability to ensure the right configuration and
materials are designed and selected.
- Ability to interpret machine behavior into reasonable and realistic
- Ability to identify the root cause of defective designs.
- Ability to create robust designs and identify changes early in the
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents
in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.