CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
JOB TITLE: Senior Utilities Supervisor
Accountable for the supervision and optimizing of the utilities day to day operations, including repair and maintenance activities related to utilities systems, such as Compressed Air, Chilled and Cooling Tower Water, HVAC, Boilers, Emergency Generators, Potable and USP Water, among others. The incumbent will work with a team of utilities technicians as well as internal and external resources, and/or third-party suppliers. Also, accountable for technical guidance in the operations and troubleshooting of the utilities systems. Function is performed with minimum or no supervision.
* Leads, mentors, coaches and trains a team of Utilities Technicians regarding the operation of Air Compressors, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, HVAC, Potable and Purified Water systems, among others.
* Ensures all assets within the department are reliable through assigning and coordination of preventive and corrective maintenance using internal and external maintenance resources, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
* Supports the Predictive Maintenance Program coordinating repair activities.
* Coordinates Alcohol, Nitrogen and Diesel handling.
* Ensures the recordkeeping of utilities equipment operations parameters daily checklist in compliance with quality requirements.
* Ensures that the utilities equipment have the necessary operating procedures according to the manufacturer's operation manual and/or recommendations
* Identifies equipment's or systems areas of improvement and make recommendations.
* Participates in internal and external audits. Accountable for the action items from audits and inspections to further ensure department readiness.
* Prepares requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and spare parts.
* Conducts or coordinates employees training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
* Provides technical support and troubleshooting as required.
* Manages technical issues/problems appropriately and efficiently.
* Exhibits a customer service-oriented behavior.
* Ensures all documentation is free of errors, controlled and well-organized following cGMP standards.
* Issues performance review report to employees under his/her supervision.
* Embraces a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
* Serves as the first contact to response emergency calls and/or special requirements during off hours.
* Supports other departments or projects according to business needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by manager, or upper management.
* Develops and works a quality environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance of utilities equipment (boilers, air compressors, chillers, air handling units, water purifiers, pumps, softeners, vacuum pumps, electrical generators).
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Fully bilingual (English / Spanish)
* Teamwork and service oriented
* Willing to travel
* Proven effective leadership
* Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to handle, organize, and follow up multiple priorities
* Must be a team player and able to work under pressure
* Highly motivated, self-starter, and responsible person
* Communicate in a timely manner
* Committed to work extra hours, at night or on week-ends and irregular shifts
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* Needs to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; sit and reach with arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; requires close vision
* Could be required to travel
* Extended work hours with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports
* Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
* Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgment to resolve problems
* Incumbent could work near moving mechanical parts
* Incumbent could be exposed to fumes or chemicals
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Two years supervision experience
* Five (5) years of experience working in utilities maintenance related to medical devices or pharmaceutical industry
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.