CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
JOB TITLE: Principal Engineer- Facilities & Utilities
Incumbent will be responsible for the preventive maintenance optimization, spare part usage optimization, equipment, reservoirs, and piping system inspections and supports utilities operations with the required technical support, process control and methods. The individual provides technical guidance in the operations and troubleshooting of the utilities system. Analyses engineering concepts and develop analysis methods to determine reliability of components, equipment, utilities and/or maintenance process. Define and makes recommendations about reliability problems and improvements.
* Gather, examine data and track utilities or manufacturing production losses with high maintenance costs and focus efforts on improving reliability operations.
* Develop engineering plan and solutions to repetitive failures or problems that affects plant operations.
* Support continuous improvement initiatives to reduce equipment, processes and utilities systems failures and associated costs.
* Utilities capacity assessment versus long range strategic plan (LRSP), establish systems needed to support the LRSP.
* Implement robust KPI metric and measuring plan/strategies.
* Utilization/Maintenance improvement based on equipment life cycle
* Measuring equipment efficiency
* Preventive maintenance optimization
* Predictive maintenance Implementation (e.g. vibration analysis, tribology, infrared, ultrasonic testing, eddy current testing, etc.). Develop a prioritization road map to support site needs.
* Unit MROP, including spare parts usage optimization
* Staff capacitation/training by developing training programs with emphasis on predictive tools.
* Technical guidance, counseling on utility system to projects, troubleshooting, major repairs, design, systems configuration (electricity, water, alcohol, etc.)
* Monitoring the maintenance system to ensure the effective use of resources to maximize equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
* Monitoring equipment life cycles
* Utilities systems gap analysis, identification, and prioritization.
* Develop Reliability Engineering strategy for Maintenance based on analysis of failures of the assets to assets.
* Assuring compliance with laws and regulations
* Validation activities such as: Protocols, Execution, Deviations, and Reports
* Implement ultrasound predictive maintenance program with emphasis on compressed air systems including point of use
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance of utilities equipment (boilers, air compressors, chillers, air handling units, water purifiers, pumps, softeners, vacuum pumps, electrical generators)
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Fully bilingual (English / Spanish)
* Teamwork and service oriented
* Willing to travel
* Proven effective leadership
* Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to handle, organize, and follow up multiple priorities
* Must be a team player and able to work under pressure
* Highly motivated, self-starter, and responsible person
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* Needs to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; sit and reach with arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; requires close vision
* Could be required to travel
* Extended work hours with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports
* Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
* Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgment to resolve problems
* Incumbent could work near moving mechanical parts
* Incumbent could be exposed to fumes or chemicals
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is a plus
* At least five to seven years of experience working in utilities maintenance related to medical devices or pharmaceutical industry
Associated topics: aerodynamic, assembly, automotive, boiler, cae, machine, mechanical engineer, mechanism, proe, thermal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.