Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Medical Practice Manager
A progressive, growing primary care, sports medicine and integrative medicine practice is seeking a highly motivated medical practice manager to run day-to-day operations. The candidate must be proficient in management and organizational skills, enjoy dealing with people, and effectively manage time and prioritize tasks. The candidate will be an integral part of the overall business and will have oversight of all site operations, contracts, marketing, human resources, budgeting, and financial responsibilities. The role will also work collaboratively with the partner physicians to drive, enhance, and optimize the operational performance of the practice as it continues to grow.
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Front Office and Clinical Operations:
- Ensure front desk, billing and clinical staff are performing all duties according to protocol
- Implement, train, and support staff on new processes and solve problems that arise
- Oversee document management, appropriate coding and data entry, and EMR functionality
- Promote excellent customer service to make sure our patients have an optimal overall experience
- Maintain quality assurance across several lines of service
- Ensure adequate staffing coverage of administrative and clerical areas
- Arrange for adequate coverage in office for planned absences of all employees
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality within office
- Establish\implement practice wide goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems
- Communicate with office staff about workflow expectations and follow up
- Assess office workflow to identify processes that will maximize office resources and improve patient care
- Supervise and/or delegate support functions within office
- Work hand-in-hand with the team to ensure that all scheduling, patient inquiries, cancellations, and confirmations are being done appropriately and in a timely manner
- Manage inventory and equipment maintenance
- Manage the maintenance of the physical spaces
- Work closely with other practice departments (billing, front desk, clinicians, etc) to ensure common goals are met
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinate preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. Perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. Advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. Order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receive supply orders and confirm accuracy of delivery. Assist with cost control.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory audits/inspections and/or internal reviews. Develop and recommend corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified.
- Resolve any administrative, operational, and facility problems including maintenance of office and computer systems
- Responsible for all vendor contracts and ongoing professional relationships
- Ensures practice compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Monitor levels of quality of service as measured by satisfaction surveys, customer comments and direct observation. Recommend strategies that are responsive to quality of service needs.
- Oversee and/or approve procurement and disbursement/reimbursement activities. Ensure proper internal controls are in place around financial transactions. Resolve any financial issues as needed.
- Utilize financial reports to develop action plans aimed at maintaining or improving financial and/or operational performance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of essential computer systems, software and/or policies and procedures.
- Supervise daily operational issues of patient flow, billing and registration, medical record retrieval, patient eligibility, and follow-up on missed appointments.
- Act as liaison between physicians and staff
- Assist with financial analysis and review of existing spending
- Arrange meetings, interviews and conferences according to physician’s needs
- Complete medical credentialing and license renewals
- Develop and maintain office manual to serve as reference guide for office workflow and responsibilities
- Hold agenda based/results driven staff meetings
- Assist patients with different financing options
- Track and monitor patient payments
- Execute and maintain the confidentiality of all patient and employee information with a working knowledge of HIPAA privacy laws
- Manage payroll
- Track staff performance and perform performance review
- Manage employee benefits
- Recruit, hire, and staff any open, in-house positions and provide on-going training/coaching as needed
- Keep track of work schedules for all employees in office
- Ensure effective administration/implementation of compensation, benefits, job descriptions, personnel policies and payroll practices
- Participate in acquiring, selecting, training, and supervision of new staff members
- Participate in staff supervision, performance appraisals, merit increases and necessary disciplinary action
- Sign off on payroll in a timely fashion
- Supervise the appropriate allocation of personnel and assignment of activities, including redeployment of personnel to cover planned absences (e.g. vacation and/or personal time) and unanticipated absences (e.g. sick time).
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
- 3+ years' experience as the primary leader of an organization or large area of practice, including healthcare
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) software and patient scheduling systems. Athena Health experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Managed Care, medical billing procedures, third party reimbursement, and self-pay processes
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Marketing and Sales experience to drive business initiatives
- Must be a team player, polite and professional and be able to motivate/coach the team to the same standard
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully handle complicated situations immediately as they arise
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and influential skills
- Ability to promote a professional and welcoming atmosphere that enhances the quality of service and care offered to patients, respective providers, and fellow colleagues as you will act as the liaison between the provider/staff and the patient base
- Ability to understand budget development, management, and delivery of key initiatives/goals
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
Loading some great jobs for you...