Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by your team and everyone in the community we call Quad. Careers across Quad are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad. -At Quad, you'll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance - driving you to be better than yesterday. Additionally, earn up to 10% more of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality. -We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits. -You'll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that's transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad. Starting wage for part time production employees increased to $15/hour These are 6 or 12 hour shifts only in our Press departmentQuad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Accelerated Career Training programs for our Press and Finishing employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases.
We are currently seeking part time General Manufacturing Employees to grow with us! A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in our Press department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb) as needed
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48" in height and transfer to table top work surface 42", and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehensionEducation and /or Experience
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, or bindery.
- Printing experience is not required. Starting wage for part time production employees increased to $15/hour These are 6 or 12 hour shifts only.Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Associated topics: assembly, automotive, chassis, design, machine, mechanical, msme, solidworks, turbomachinery, vibration