Under general supervision of the Food and Beverage Manager, washes and sanitizes all equipment and utensils used in food preparation.
* Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
* Restaurant experience preferred.
* Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain a gaming license issued from the Osage Nation
* Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
* Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
* Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ensures company information provided by management is effectively communicated to assigned staff and ensures staff concerns, request for information, and ideas for improvement are effectively relayed to management.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the area of responsibility by presiding over scheduled meetings with staff and team members as required.
* Stays informed of company information and communications by reviewing all e-mails, digital boards and SharePoint.
* Loads, runs, and unloads dish machine.
* Properly stores all clean tableware and kitchenware.
* Prepares and maintains work areas, making sure there are adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
* Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical usage to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
* Keeps assigned food preparation and production areas clean and safe.
* Properly uses and maintains adequate levels of detergents and cleaning supplies.
* Reports any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
* Receives and properly store food and beverage product deliveries.
* Buses tables and handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
* Breaks down boxes, bags and hauls garbage and recyclables to dumpster at designed times and to designated areas.
* Properly disposes of grease and garbage left in pots and pans.
* Assist cooks in storing food and supplies; assists in unloading delivery trucks.
* Operates safely and is compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating all guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
* Cooperates and communicates with all employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image and attitude.
* Monitors production and service levels by interacting with guest and staff
* Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
* Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
* Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
* Protect the Company's value by keeping information confidential.
* Perform assigned tasks under frequent supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with managerial staff, co-workers, guests, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
* Communicate information and suggestions in oral and written form.
* Exercise reasonable judgment and seek guidance for decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
* See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
* Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
* Travel locally, or between properties as needed.
* Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending expos or conventions; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
* Required to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
* Ability to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch while performing duties.
* Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
* Ability to lift, push, or pull upwards of 50 pounds.
* Work is typically performed within a kitchen and Casino setting.
* Exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
* Exposure to heat, fumes and steam.
* Evening and weekend shifts may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Ability to work nights and weekends required.
* Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
* The employee may be exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands.
* The employee may be e Associated topics: clean, cookware, dishwasher, duties, kitchen utility, lavavajillas, plates, service assistant, wash, washer