Job ID R027496 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Senior Product Manager
Round Rock TX or Hopkinton MA
Dell Technologies Services (DTS) is a mature, profitable, multi-billion dollar business that is a key area of growth for Dell Technologies. We are committed to greatly increasing investment to support the growing DTS business. Product management will be a key driver of the overall strategy for delivering on our business goals and to support the strong business growth, we are expanding our product management team. The Product management team is responsible for creating and enhancing services products (Support, Deployment, Cloud and Managed Services) sold globally through a variety of direct and indirect channels. We strongly believe in the Product Manager is the GM and proxy P&L owner philosophy for their portfolio of products. The Product Manager is the voice of the customer and will be responsible for product strategy and management of a product from creation, launch, to end-of-life.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, product managers are responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, the product managers work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. They undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust product strategies to respond to competition.
* Applies broad knowledge of company's product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities for cloud services
* Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products.
* Oversees and drives products/ solutions through the phase release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements.
* Manages product portfolio roadmap and works to scope opportunities and obtain appropriate funding for new programs.
* Creates, implements and monitors plans for testing products/ solutions through beta/pilot programs.
* Ensures that product/solution features and specifications reflect customer requirements.
* Prioritizes features and specifications, applying budget, timeline and other constraints.
* Works across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product/ solution decisions to all stakeholders.
* Works extensively with Product Marketing to build product/ solutions marketing plans and drive them through the organization.
* Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the BU.
* Reviews product/ solution evaluation metrics from multiple sources and ensures they are incorporated in future versions.
* MBA with 8+ years' experience in technology industry in Product Management or relevant role
* A premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
* Understand macro-business economics and be able to build actionable business plans and prioritize and categorize in complex and highly matrixed environments.
* Proven leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment: A proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
* Business building orientation: He/she must possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
* Team player: The successful candidate must be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment. Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives. This person will be seen throughout the organization as a model of integrity and ethical behavior.
* Pragmatic Marketing certification is a plus
* Existing cloud service offer experience for IaaS, PaaS or SaaS is preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Apply now Apply now
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...