The Desktop Technician is the first point of contact for desktop-related needs within the organization, including basic level installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintenance and upgrades on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and telephony equipment. The Desktop Technician will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
* Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
* Perform Tier 1 onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution. Escalate to Tier 2 support, if needed.
* Respond to incoming calls, tickets & emails regarding desktop problems.
* Administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
* Perform PC setups, moves, additions and changes.
* Perform standard desktop and laptop builds on approved hardware and images.
* Prepare and deploy mobile devices to include iPad, Surface, iPhone, Android, etc.
* Support client-side patching activities.
* Perform basic client-side scripting.
* Perform basic hardware and software upgrades.
* Follow documented procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
* Remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect the role, business area(s) and the financial services industry.
* Perform additional duties as assigned
* Associate's degree in IT or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience.
* Minimum one year of experience in information technology and customer service required.
* Proficiency with A+, N+, MCDST preferred.
* Proficient hardware and software skills with desktop, laptops and mobile devices and their peripherals.
* Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems required (Apple IOS knowledge preferred).
* Core client-side application knowledge and client-side networking and telephony skills required.
* Proficient analytical and problem solving skills required.
* Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
* Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
* Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
* Occasional travel required.
* Valid Washington State Driver's License and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report in accordance with BECU's MVR evaluation.
* Ability to lift 25 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Associated topics: deskside, help, help desk, information technology analyst, information technology support, pc, service, technician i, technician iv, technology