Under the direct supervision of the on site Project Manager or COR, this position is located within the NSF Headquarters Division of Administrative Services (DAS). This position will provide administrative support to DAS and NSF VC (visitor center). In addition to being friendly, courteous and articulate, performs duties such as obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence demonstrating the ability to learn quickly and independently. Deals with public and large groups of people, as well as a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload utilizing office practices or procedures.
Essential functions (include but not limited to):
- Greet and direct visitors in and around the DAS Suite; direct walk-in requests for services to the correct DAS personnel.
- Answer calls to the central DAS service lines and assist customers in receiving the services requested by routing the requests to the correct personnel.
- Monitor all DAS service email accounts and assist customers in timely receiving the services requested by routing the request to the correct personnel.
- Generate electronic DAS service request tickets from all walk-in, service line, or email requests in the appropriate system, to include but not limited to email, SharePoint and the ARCHIBUS integrated workplace management system.
- Maintain daily statistical data on all DAS service requests. For service systems that do not have direct metric tracking capabilities, log all service requests utilizing the designated SharePoint site.
- Sort and distribute mail delivered to the DAS suite.
- Direct deliveries made to the DAS suite.
- Conduct a data entry for various automated systems as directed.
- Support the NSF Visitor Center, during peak morning hours, with issuing visitor passes during heavy panel days as directed by the COR or the Project Manager.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience using personal computers with Windows-based operating systems. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and etc.), and proficiency with the World Wide Web are necessary.
- Associates degree in Hospitality, Business, Security, or 1-2 years of vocational technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience.